Iran’s Mining industry
The Iranian mining sector is rich in metallic and non-metallic mineral reserves.
- Extraction of iron ore and non-ferrous ore, precious metals, etc. from 5,574 exploited mines and export volume of USD 8.1 billion per year.
- Largest zinc reserves worldwide and 7th-largest copper reserves.
- Iran is one of the most important mineral producers in the world.
- It has 68 types of minerals including iron ore, coal, gold, lead, zinc, copper, tin, etc. worth an estimated USD 700 billion.
- Mines and mining industries currently employ more than 620,000 people in Iran.
- An estimated USD 40 billion in investments is needed for Iran to reach its production capacity targets.