Iran’s Construction industry
Iran’s construction industry is characterized by strong demand for housing, infrastructure development and modernization as well as industrial expansion. With recession started in Iran`s economy in recent years, housing has been affected too and with expected growth of Iran`s economy, it is estimated that the housing industry will start to grow again.
- Expansion of the rail network from its current length of around 12,000 km to a total of 25,000 km in the next four years.
- Road network: 1,200 km of motorway under construction, 1,300 km in the project phase and an additional 3,000 km being planned.
- When it comes to producing energy, hydroelectric power plants play a key role. Some 150 dams have been built during the last 30 years, and another 84 are underconstruction or in planning.
- Iran is the fourth-largest cement manufacturer in the world, with annual production of 70 million tons.
- Because Iran’s population is younger than average, approximately one million new apartments are needed every year.